The religious order to which I have a connection limits my primary reading to two dozen books. The core of my little library consists of:
- Bible, unabridged Revised Standard Version
- The Liturgy of the Hours, unabridged
- Vergil: The Aeneid; by Sarah Ruden
- The Confessions; by Saint Augustine
- Dante’s Divine Comedy; Anthony Esolen
- Twenty One Plays; William Shakespeare
- Oxford Book of English Verse; Ricks
- Collected Poems & Prose; Robert Frost
- The Lyrics 1961-2012; by Bob Dylan
- Compendium of the Catholic Catechism
I entered the Catholic Church on Easter 2007 at an age of fifty seven, having come from a charismatic Wesleyan background.
We live on the lake at Stansbury Park, a bit west of Salt Lake City in Utah on the western side of the Rocky Mountains, having moved there from the Virginia section of the Southern Blue Ridge Province in the Appalachian Mountains.