The religious order to which I have a connection limits my primary reading to two dozen books. The core of my little library consists of:
- Bible, unabridged Revised Standard Version
- The Liturgy of the Hours, unabridged
- Vergil: The Aeneid; by Sarah Ruden
- The Confessions; by Saint Augustine
- Dante’s Divine Comedy; Anthony Esolen
- Twenty One Plays; William Shakespeare
- Collected Poems & Prose; Robert Frost
- Compendium of the Catholic Catechism
I entered the Catholic Church on Easter 2007 at an age of fifty seven, having come from a charismatic Wesleyan background.
We recently moved to the Sierra foothills. We grew up in the Virginia section of the Southern Blue Ridge Province in the Appalachian Mountains.