The religious order to which I have a connection limits my primary reading to two dozen books. The core of my little library consists of:
- Bible, unabridged Revised Standard Version
- The Liturgy of the Hours, unabridged
- Comedies & Tragedies; William Shakespeare
- Collected Poems & Prose; Robert Frost
- Horologion; Melkite Greek Catholic liturgy
I entered the Catholic Church on Easter 2007, having come from a charismatic Wesleyan background. I’m a member of St George, a Melkite Greek Catholic parish (pastor: Fr Hezakias) in Sacramento. This blog is my attempt to answer the question: Why are you Catholic.
We recently moved to the Sierra foothills, having grown up in the Virginia section of the Southern Blue Ridge Province in the Appalachian Mountains. I work, as a substitute teacher, in El Dorado county.